Be Prepared for Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office
How well prepared are you and your team for medical emergencies? This course is designed to improve your ability to plan for, manage and handle office emergencies as a dental team. Topics include syncope, hypotension, aspiration, allergic reactions, asthma, hypertension, diabetic reactions, apnea/hypoxia/respiratory depression, hypoglycemia, seizures, strokes, and cardiac emergencies. Emphasis is placed on advanced preparation to allow the best possible outcome.
• Learn how to identify and prevent potential medical emergencies
• Learn the procedures associated with occurrence of medical emergencies
• Learn how to improve your medical histories to better know your patient’s risk factors
• Understand ASA classifications and how they affect your treatment plan
• Learn how to best react should an emergency occur
• Learn how to organize your emergency drug kit for the fastest response
• Learn the right tools for a medical emergency
• Learn how the use of discipline and the modification of aviator’s emergency checklists will prepare you and your team for the worst case scenarios
• Learn how everyone on your team will remember their role during a medical emergency.
• Leave the course with tools that will allow you to conduct effective emergency drills periodically in your office that will keep everyone sharp and focused.
This course is intended for general dentists, specialists, hygienists and members of the dental team.